Google analytics

Thursday 10 September 2009

Weekend Preview: Southend v Leeds

Well what a week. The induction for my new job has gone by like a whirlwind even got through the Equality and Diversity session without a slap on my wrists.....................England played like a proper international team in crushing a poor Croatian team and therefore qualified for next years World Cup....................but the big news of the week was Sir Terry's emotional announcement that he's leaving his record breaking breakfast show at the end of the year!

With all that going on Leeds' next match with Sarfend seems to have sneaked up on the outside, so to say, but here it is. Our record at Roots Hall is less than impressive and I'm expecting our toughest test yet at the home of the Shrimpers. Larry's selection dilemma will revolve around who he will pick at centre back. After Bromby's quiet but assured debut last week I would expect him to retain his place with Kissy coming in alongside him. Tough on Rui if he's fit but he must pick his strongest team.

Back to the England game and I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking Enoch had sneaked into the England team when Heskey missed a couple of "Enochesque" one on ones late on in the game. Nice to also see ex Leeds starlet Lennon causing havoc on the right wing and setting up the first two goals but also a sad reminder of what we once had at ER especially when Milner came on for the last rites of the game.

The game in Essex means a 420 mile round trip for me and my merry band of fans in the car so I'll have to go now and start thinking some trivia questions up................................so names of English football teams with food connotations?
Look out for the tweets from Southend.
MOT

No comments:

Site Counter